Also found in: Thesaurus, Wikipedia.
Related to liveryman: Great Twelve City Livery Companies
A man who is employed in or keeps a livery stable.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
n, pl -men
1. (Professions) Brit a member of a livery company
2. (Horse Training, Riding & Manège) a worker in a livery stable
3. (Professions) a worker in a livery stable
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
liv•er•y•man(ˈlɪv ə ri mən, ˈlɪv ri-)
n., pl. -men.
1. an owner of or an employee in a livery stable.
2. a member of a livery company.
3. Obs. a person in livery, esp. a servant.
usage: See -man.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.