Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia.
lo·bate(lō′bāt′) also lo·bat·ed (-bā′tĭd)
1. Having lobes; lobed.
2. Shaped like a lobe.
3. Having separate toes, each bordered by a weblike lobe. Used of the feet of certain birds.
1. (Anatomy) having or resembling lobes
2. (Botany) having or resembling lobes
3. (Zoology) (of birds) having separate toes that are each fringed with a weblike lobe
1. having a lobe or lobes; lobed.
2. having the form of a lobe.Also, lo′bat•ed.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||lobate - having or resembling a lobe or lobes; "a lobate tongue"|
|2.||lobate - having deeply indented margins but with lobes not entirely separate from each other|
compound - composed of more than one part; "compound leaves are composed of several lobes; "compound flower heads"