Also found in: Thesaurus, Acronyms, Wikipedia.
Related to logistic: Logistic model
lo·gis·tic(lō-jĭs′tĭk) also lo·gis·ti·cal (-tĭ-kəl)
1. Of or relating to logistics.
2. Of or relating to symbolic logic.
[Medieval Latin logisticus, of calculation, from Greek logistikos, skilled in calculating, from logistēs, calculator, from logizesthai, to calculate, from logos, reckoning, reason; see leg- in Indo-European roots.]
lo′gis·ti′cian (-jĭ-stĭsh′ən) n.
(Mathematics) an uninterpreted calculus or system of symbolic logic. Compare formal language
1. (Mathematics) maths (of a curve) having an equation of the form y = k/(1 + ea+bx), where b is less than zero
2. (Mathematics) rare of, relating to, or skilled in arithmetical calculations
[C17: via French, from Late Latin logisticus of calculation, from Greek logistikos rational, from logos word, reason]
(Economics) of or relating to logistics
lo•gis•tic1(loʊˈdʒɪs tɪk, lə-)
of or pertaining to logistics.
[1930–35; back formation from logistics]
lo•gis•tic2(loʊˈdʒɪs tɪk, lə-)
2. of or pertaining to symbolic logic.
[1620–30; < French logistique < Late Latin logisticus of computation < Greek logistikós skilled in calculation]
Rare. the art or science of calculation or arithmetic.See also: Mathematics