Also found in: Thesaurus, Idioms, Wikipedia.
adj. loop·i·er, loop·i·est
1. Consisting of or having many loops: loopy handwriting.
2. Crazy or eccentric: "March was the month when most people went loopy, like the March hares" (Edna O'Brien).
3. Offbeat or bizarre: "the loopy energy of Harpo Marx" (Michael Wood).
4. Befuddled or disoriented: felt loopy from dehydration.
adj, loopier or loopiest
1. full of loops; curly or twisted
2. informal slightly mad, crazy, or stupid
adj. loop•i•er, loop•i•est.
1. full of loops.
a. eccentric; crazy; dotty.
b. befuddled or confused.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||loopy - consisting of or covered with or having loops|
|2.||loopy - informal or slang terms for mentally irregular; "it used to drive my husband balmy"|
bats, batty, bonkers, buggy, crackers, daft, dotty, haywire, kookie, kooky, loco, loony, nuts, around the bend, balmy, round the bend, wacky, whacky, barmy, nutty, fruity, cracked
insane - afflicted with or characteristic of mental derangement; "was declared insane"; "insane laughter"