lounger(redirected from loungers)
Also found in: Thesaurus.
v. lounged, loung·ing, loung·es
1. To move or act in a lazy, relaxed way; loll: lounging on the sofa; lounged around in pajamas.
2. To pass time idly: lounged in Venice till June.
To pass (time) in a lazy, relaxed, or idle way: lounged the day away.
1. A public waiting room, as in a hotel or an air terminal, often having smoking or lavatory facilities.
2. A cocktail lounge.
a. A living room.
b. A lobby.
4. A long couch, especially one having no back and a headrest at one end.
[Possibly from French s'allonger, to stretch out, from Old French alongier, to lengthen, from Medieval Latin allongāre : Latin ad-, ad- + Latin longus, long; see long1.]
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Furniture) a comfortable sometimes adjustable couch or extending chair designed for someone to relax on
2. (Clothing & Fashion) a loose comfortable leisure garment
3. a person who lounges
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
1. a person or thing that lounges.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||lounger - someone who wastes time|
|2.||lounger - an armchair whose back can be lowered and foot can be raised to allow the sitter to recline in it|
armchair - chair with a support on each side for arms
|3.||lounger - an article of clothing designed for comfort and leisure wear|
loungewear - clothing suitable for relaxation
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.
lounger[ˈlaʊndʒəʳ] N → gandul m, haragán/ana m/f
Collins Spanish Dictionary - Complete and Unabridged 8th Edition 2005 © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1971, 1988 © HarperCollins Publishers 1992, 1993, 1996, 1997, 2000, 2003, 2005
Collins German Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged 7th Edition 2005. © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1980 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1997, 1999, 2004, 2005, 2007
Collins Italian Dictionary 1st Edition © HarperCollins Publishers 1995
Collins Multilingual Translator © HarperCollins Publishers 2009