Also found in: Thesaurus, Wikipedia.
1. A large ornamental wine vessel, usually made of silver and having two or more handles.
2. A large ornamental vessel given as an award in modern sporting contests and similar events.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. a large vessel, usually two-handled, out of which people drink in turn at a banquet
2. a similar cup awarded to the winner of a competition
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
1. a large drinking cup with two or more handles given as a prize or token of esteem.
2. a large drinking cup with several handles that is passed from person to person.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||loving cup - a large drinking vessel (usually with two handles) that people drink out of in turn at a banquet|
drinking vessel - a vessel intended for drinking
|2.||loving cup - a large metal vessel with two handles that is awarded as a trophy to the winner of a competition; "the school kept the cups is a special glass case"|
Davis Cup - cup awarded for the annual international team tennis competition
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.
n → Pokal m
Collins German Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged 7th Edition 2005. © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1980 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1997, 1999, 2004, 2005, 2007