loving cup(redirected from loving cups)
Also found in: Thesaurus.
1. A large ornamental wine vessel, usually made of silver and having two or more handles.
2. A large ornamental vessel given as an award in modern sporting contests and similar events.
1. a large vessel, usually two-handled, out of which people drink in turn at a banquet
2. a similar cup awarded to the winner of a competition
1. a large drinking cup with two or more handles given as a prize or token of esteem.
2. a large drinking cup with several handles that is passed from person to person.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||loving cup - a large drinking vessel (usually with two handles) that people drink out of in turn at a banquet|
drinking vessel - a vessel intended for drinking
|2.||loving cup - a large metal vessel with two handles that is awarded as a trophy to the winner of a competition; "the school kept the cups is a special glass case"|
Davis Cup - cup awarded for the annual international team tennis competition
n → Pokal m