Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Financial, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to low tide: neap tide
1. The lowest level of the tide.
2. The time at which the tide is lowest. In both senses also called low water.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Physical Geography) the tide when it is at its lowest level or the time at which it reaches this
2. a lowest point
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
1. the tide at the point of maximum ebb.
2. the lowest point: Her spirits were at low tide.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
The time at which the tide reaches its lowest level.
The American Heritage® Student Science Dictionary, Second Edition. Copyright © 2014 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||low tide - the lowest (farthest) ebb of the tide|
tide - the periodic rise and fall of the sea level under the gravitational pull of the moon
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.