Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. Anatomy Of or relating to lymph or to the nodes or vessels of the lymphatic system.
2. Archaic Lacking energy or vitality; sluggish.
A vessel that conveys lymph.
[New Latin lymphaticus, from Latin lympha, lymph; see lymph.]
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Biochemistry) of, relating to, or containing lymph: the lymphatic vessels.
2. (Anatomy) of, relating to, or containing lymph: the lymphatic vessels.
3. (Anatomy) of or relating to the lymphatic system
4. sluggish or lacking vigour
(Anatomy) a lymphatic vessel
[C17 (meaning: mad): from Latin lymphāticus. Original meaning perhaps arose from a confusion between nymph and lymph; compare Greek numphaleptos frenzied]
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
1. pertaining to, containing, or conveying lymph.
2. (of persons) having the characteristics, as flabbiness or sluggishness, formerly believed to be due to an excess of lymph in the system.n.
3. a lymphatic vessel.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||lymphatic - of or relating to or produced by lymph|
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.
The American Heritage® Roget's Thesaurus. Copyright © 2013, 2014 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
Collins Spanish Dictionary - Complete and Unabridged 8th Edition 2005 © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1971, 1988 © HarperCollins Publishers 1992, 1993, 1996, 1997, 2000, 2003, 2005
Collins German Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged 7th Edition 2005. © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1980 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1997, 1999, 2004, 2005, 2007
lymphatic[lɪmˈfætɪk] adj → linfatico/a
Collins Italian Dictionary 1st Edition © HarperCollins Publishers 1995
a. linfático-a, rel. a la linfa;
___ spaces → espacios ___-s;
___ system → sistema ___.
English-Spanish Medical Dictionary © Farlex 2012
English-Spanish/Spanish-English Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2006 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. All rights reserved.