Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. One that uses the mails: large commercial mailers.
2. One who addresses, stamps, or otherwise prepares mail.
3. A container, such as a cardboard tube, used to hold material to be mailed: a cardboard book mailer.
4. An advertising leaflet included with a letter.
1. a person who addresses or mails letters, etc
2. (Mechanical Engineering) US and Canadian a machine used for stamping and addressing mail
3. US and Canadian a container for mailing things
(Biography) Norman. 1923–2007, US author. His works, which are frequently critical of modern American society, include the war novel The Naked and the Dead (1948), An American Dream (1965), his account of the 1967 peace march on Washington The Armies of the Night (1968), The Executioner's Song (1979), and Barbary Shore (1998)
1. a person who mails or prepares material for mailing.
2. a container, as a protective envelope, for mail.
3. an advertisement, form letter, etc., sent out in the mail.
Norman, born 1923, U.S. writer.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||Mailer - United States writer (born in 1923)|
|2.||mailer - a person who mails something|
|3.||mailer - an advertisement that is sent by mail|
|4.||mailer - a container for something to be mailed|
airmailer - a mailer for airmail
container - any object that can be used to hold things (especially a large metal boxlike object of standardized dimensions that can be loaded from one form of transport to another)