Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Acronyms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to malted: Malted barley
1. Grain, usually barley, that has been allowed to sprout, used chiefly in brewing and distilling.
2. An alcoholic beverage, such as beer or ale, brewed from malt.
3. See malted milk.
v. malt·ed, malt·ing, malts
1. To process (grain) into malt.
2. To treat or mix with malt or a malt extract.
To become malt.
(of grain such as barley) kiln-dried after it has germinated by soaking in water; made into malt
1. a soluble powder made of dehydrated milk and malted cereals.
2. a beverage made by dissolving malted milk in milk and usu. adding ice cream and flavoring.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||malted - a milkshake made with malt powder|
|Adj.||1.||malted - of grain that has been converted into malt; "malted barley"|
unmalted - of grain that has not been converted into malt; "unmalted barley"