Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Acronyms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to malted: Malted barley
1. Grain, usually barley, that has been allowed to sprout, used chiefly in brewing and distilling.
2. An alcoholic beverage, such as beer or ale, brewed from malt.
3. See malted milk.
v. malt·ed, malt·ing, malts
1. To process (grain) into malt.
2. To treat or mix with malt or a malt extract.
To become malt.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
(of grain such as barley) kiln-dried after it has germinated by soaking in water; made into malt
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
1. a soluble powder made of dehydrated milk and malted cereals.
2. a beverage made by dissolving malted milk in milk and usu. adding ice cream and flavoring.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||malted - a milkshake made with malt powder|
|Adj.||1.||malted - of grain that has been converted into malt; "malted barley"|
unmalted - of grain that has not been converted into malt; "unmalted barley"
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.
A. ADJ → malteado
Collins Spanish Dictionary - Complete and Unabridged 8th Edition 2005 © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1971, 1988 © HarperCollins Publishers 1992, 1993, 1996, 1997, 2000, 2003, 2005