Also found in: Thesaurus, Wikipedia.
1. A soluble powder made of dried milk, malted barley, and wheat flour.
2. A beverage made by mixing milk with this powder and adding ice cream and flavoring. Also called malt, malted.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Cookery) a soluble powder made from dehydrated milk and malted cereals
2. (Cookery) a drink made from this powder
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
1. a soluble powder made of dehydrated milk and malted cereals.
2. a beverage made by dissolving malted milk in milk and usu. adding ice cream and flavoring.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||malted milk - a milkshake made with malt powder|
|2.||malted milk - powder made of dried milk and malted cereals|
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.
n → Malzmilch f
Collins German Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged 7th Edition 2005. © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1980 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1997, 1999, 2004, 2005, 2007
Collins Italian Dictionary 1st Edition © HarperCollins Publishers 1995