mangy(redirected from mangier)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical.
adj. mang·i·er, mang·i·est
1. Affected with, caused by, or resembling mange.
2. Shabby or squalid: a mangy old coat; mangy tenements.
3. Mean; contemptible.
adj, -gier or -giest
1. (Veterinary Science) having or caused by mange: a mangy dog.
2. scruffy or shabby: a mangy carpet.
3. informal Irish stingy or miserly: a mangy reward.
adj. -gi•er, -gi•est.
1. having, caused by, or like mange.
2. squalid; shabby: a mangy little suburb.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||mangy - having many worn or threadbare spots in the nap; "a mangy carpet"; "a mangy old fur coat"|
worn - affected by wear; damaged by long use; "worn threads on the screw"; "a worn suit"; "the worn pockets on the jacket"