marbling(redirected from marblings)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia.
1. A mottling or streaking that resembles marble.
2. The process or operation of giving something the surface appearance of marble.
3. The decorative imitation of marble patterns printed on page edges and endpapers of books.
4. Flecks or thin strips of fat, especially when evenly distributed in a cut of meat.
1. a mottled effect or pattern resembling marble
2. (Printing, Lithography & Bookbinding) such an effect obtained by transferring floating colours from a bath of gum solution
3. (Cookery) the streaks of fat in lean meat
1. variegated patterns or markings suggestive of marble.
2. the mixture of fat with lean in a cut of meat.