market segmentation


Also found in: Financial, Acronyms, Wikipedia.

market segmentation

n
(Marketing) the division of a market into identifiable groups, esp to improve the effectiveness of a marketing strategy
References in periodicals archive ?
Section 4 Global Medical Tourism Market Segmentation (Region Level)
For both the SMP and OMT, the researchers find that the majority of the decline in yields can be explained by a drop in default risk and a fall in the degree of market segmentation. In Italy, default risk accounted for 30 percent of the fall in yields, while a decline in market segmentation was responsible for the other 70 percent.
Global Animal Health Market Segmentation by Species (and Companion Animals), 2008-2013
A company must pursue market segmentation for many reasons.
The basic proposition behind market segmentation is that within a total rehabilitation market there may be groups of consumers with similar wants and needs but whose wants and needs are different from other groups (Kotler, 1988).
The concept of market segmentation is drilled into marketers from the time they take their first introductory course.
In comparing the new price-value and quality-value competitors with the market segmentation and positioning approach, the measure of performance needs to be defined.
Cluster analysis was developed in response to demands for greater market segmentation in an era of cable television and special interest magazines.
However, considering its relative importance as a marketing activity (especially with the advent of the marketing concept as a business philosophy) retail market segmentation as a concept is a significantly under-researched topic in both the USA and Europe.
Section 5 Global Hadoop Big Data Analytics Market Segmentation (Type Level)