Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Financial, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to markup: markdown
1. A raise in the price of an item for sale.
2. An amount added to a cost price in calculating a selling price, especially an amount that takes into account overhead and profit.
3. A session of a US congressional committee at which a legislative bill is put into final form.
a. The collection of detailed stylistic instructions written on a manuscript that is to be typeset.
b. Computers The collection of tags that describe the specifications of an electronic document, as for formatting.
1. an increase in the price of an item.
a. the amount added to the cost of goods to fix a selling price.
b. the difference between cost and selling price, usu. stated as a percentage.
3. the putting of a legislative bill into final form.
4. a set of instructions on a manuscript or tags in an electronic document to determine styles of type, makeup of pages, and the like.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||markup - the amount added to the cost to determine the asking price|
|2.||markup - detailed stylistic instructions for typesetting something that is to be printed; manual markup is usually written on the copy (e.g. underlining words that are to be set in italics)|