supplier(redirected from material supplier)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Financial, Encyclopedia.
tr.v. sup·plied, sup·ply·ing, sup·plies
1. To make available for use; provide: Does the hotel supply towels?
2. To provide something necessary or desired to; furnish or equip: supplied the players with uniforms. See Synonyms at furnish.
3. To have as a necessary or desirable feature: a crime scene that supplied valuable evidence.
4. To fill sufficiently; satisfy: supply a need.
5. To make up for (a deficiency, for example); compensate for.
n. pl. sup·plies
1. The act of supplying: funds for the supply of the expedition.
2. An amount available or sufficient for a given use; stock: Our supply of milk is low.
3. often supplies Materials or provisions stored and dispensed when needed.
4. Economics The amount of a commodity available for meeting a demand or for purchase at a given price.
[Middle English supplien, to help, complete, furnish with additional troops, from Old French soupleer, to fill up, from Latin supplēre : sub-, from below; see sub- + plēre, to fill; see pelə- in Indo-European roots.]
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||supplier - someone whose business is to supply a particular service or commodity|
black marketeer - someone who engages illegally in trade in scarce or controlled commodities
caterer - someone who provides food and service (as for a party)
connection - a supplier (especially of narcotics)
dispenser - a person who dispenses
purveyor - someone who supplies provisions (especially food)
recruiter - someone who supplies members or employees
stockist - one (as a retailer or distributor) that stocks goods
nhà cung cấp
supplier[səˈplaɪər] n → fournisseur m
n (Comm) → Lieferant(in) m(f)