Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Financial, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
A plural of matrix.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Anatomy) a plural of matrix
2. (Biology) a plural of matrix
3. (Geological Science) a plural of matrix
4. (Printing, Lithography & Bookbinding) a plural of matrix
5. (Electronics) a plural of matrix
6. (Mechanical Engineering) a plural of matrix
7. (Mathematics) a plural of matrix
8. (Linguistics) a plural of matrix
9. (Computer Science) a plural of matrix
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
ma•tri•ces(ˈmeɪ trɪˌsiz, ˈmæ trɪ-)
a pl. of matrix.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.