maximize(redirected from maximizes)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Legal, Encyclopedia.
Related to maximizes: maximises
tr.v. max·i·mized, max·i·miz·ing, max·i·miz·es
1. To increase or make as great or large as possible: "the ideal of maximizing opportunity through the equalizing of educational opportunity" (Robert J. Havighurst).
2. Mathematics To find the largest value of (a function).
max′i·mi·za′tion (-mĭ-zā′shən) n.
1. (tr) to make as high or great as possible; increase to a maximum
2. (Mathematics) maths to find the maximum of (a function)
ˌmaximiˈzation, ˌmaximiˈsation, ˌmaxiˈmation n
ˈmaxiˌmizer, ˈmaxiˌmiser n
v.t. -mized, -miz•ing.
1. to increase to the greatest possible amount or degree: to maximize profits.
2. to give the highest estimate to.
3. to make fullest use of.
max`i•mi•za′tion, max`i•ma′tion, n.
Past participle: maximized
Switch to new thesaurus
|Verb||1.||maximize - make as big or large as possible; "Maximize your profits!"|
increase - make bigger or more; "The boss finally increased her salary"; "The university increased the number of students it admitted"
|2.||maximize - make the most of; "He maximized his role"|
verb optimize To maximize profit, you need to maximize output.