Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Acronyms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. Any of various plants that bloom in May.
2. See trailing arbutus.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Plants) any of various plants that bloom in May
2. (Plants) US and Canadian another name for trailing arbutus
1. (Historical Terms) the Mayflower the ship in which the Pilgrim Fathers sailed from Plymouth to Massachusetts in 1620
2. (Nautical Terms) the Mayflower the ship in which the Pilgrim Fathers sailed from Plymouth to Massachusetts in 1620
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
1. any of various plants that blossom in May, as the hepatica.
3. (cap. italic) the ship on which the Pilgrims sailed from England to the New World in 1620.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||Mayflower - the ship in which the Pilgrim Fathers sailed from England to Massachusetts in 1620|
|2.||mayflower - low-growing evergreen shrub of eastern North America with leathery leaves and clusters of fragrant pink or white flowers|
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.