trituration(redirected from mechanical trituration)
Also found in: Medical.
1. The act or process of triturating.
2. The composing of a dental amalgam by mortar and pestle.
1. the act of triturating or the state of being triturated
2. (Pharmacology) pharmacol a mixture of one or more finely ground powdered drugs
trit•u•ra•tion(ˌtrɪtʃ əˈreɪ ʃən)
1. the act of triturating.
2. the state of being triturated.
a. a mixture of a medicinal substance with lactose, triturated to an impalpable powder.
b. any triturated substance.