Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. Relating to, situated in, or extending toward the middle; median.
2. Linguistics Being a sound, syllable, or letter occurring between the initial and final positions in a word or morpheme.
3. Mathematics Being or relating to an average or a mean.
4. Average; ordinary.
1. A voiced stop, such as (b), (d), or (g). Also called media2.
2. A sound, letter, or form of a letter that is neither initial nor final.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adv.||1.||medially - in a medial position; "this consonant always occurs medially"|