facilitation(redirected from meditation facilitation)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Financial, Encyclopedia.
making easy or less difficult; assisting the progress of: The facilitation of your move will be made by the students.
Not to be confused with:
felicitation – congratulation; an expression of good wishes: Felicitations on your graduation.
1. The act or action of facilitating: the facilitation of effective learning.
a. The lowering of the threshold for propagation of an action potential of a neuron.
b. The enhancement of a neuron to a stimulus, as a result of prior repeated stimulation.
1. the act or process of facilitating
2. (Physiology) physiol the increased ease of transmission of impulses in a nerve fibre, caused by prior excitation
fa•cil•i•ta•tion(fəˌsɪl ɪˈteɪ ʃən)
1. the act or process of facilitating.
2. the lowering of resistance in a neural pathway to an impulse resulting from previous or simultaneous stimulation.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||facilitation - the condition of being made easy (or easier); "social facilitation is an adaptive condition"|
|2.||facilitation - (neurophysiology) phenomenon that occurs when two or more neural impulses that alone are not enough to trigger a response in a neuron combine to trigger an action potential|
neurophysiology - the branch of neuroscience that studies the physiology of the nervous system
organic phenomenon - (biology) a natural phenomenon involving living plants and animals
|3.||facilitation - act of assisting or making easier the progress or improvement of something|