mesomorphic(redirected from mesomorphous)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical.
1. also mes·o·mor·phous (-môr′fəs) Of, relating to, or existing in a state of matter intermediate between liquid and crystal.
2. Of or relating to a mesomorph.
mes′o·mor′phism, mes′o·mor′phy n.
1. (Chemistry) chem existing in or concerned with an intermediate state of matter between a true liquid and a true solid. See also liquid crystal, smectic, nematic
2. (Physiology) relating to or being a mesomorph
mes•o•mor•phic(ˌmɛz əˈmɔr fɪk, ˌmɛs-, ˌmi zə-, -sə-)
1. pertaining to or having a muscular or sturdy body build characterized by the relative prominence of structures developed from the embryonic mesoderm (contrasted with ectomorphic, endomorphic).
2. pertaining to or existing in an intermediate state, as a liquid crystal in the nematic or smectic state.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||mesomorphic - having a robust muscular body-build characterized by predominance of structures (bone and muscle and connective tissue) developed from the embryonic mesodermal layer|
ectomorphic - having a build with little fat or muscle but with long limbs