metalmark


Also found in: Wikipedia.

met·al·mark

 (mĕt′l-märk′)
n.
Any of various small, darkly colored butterflies of the family Riodinidae, occurring mainly in tropical regions and having iridescent lines or spots on the wings.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.

metalmark

(ˈmɛtəlˌmɑːk)
n
(Animals) any of various butterflies of the family Riodinidaes, which have metal-like marks on their wings
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
References in periodicals archive ?
Kissner Group Holdings LP is the parent company of Kissner and is owned by Metalmark Capital Holdings LLC, a private equity firm, Silvertree-KMC II LP, a venture between Silverhawk Capital Partners and Demetree Salt, LLC, and the Kissner management team.
Kissner Group Holdings LP is the parent company of Kissner and is owned by Metalmark Capital Holdings LLC, a private equity firm, Silvertreea[euro]KMC II LP, a venture between Silverhawk Capital Partners and Demetree Salt, LLC, and the Kissner management team.
The principle investor of Premier Research is Metalmark Capital.
Life cycle and immature biology of Menander felsina (Riodinidae), a myrmecophilous metalmark. Journal of the Lepidopterists' Society, 37(3), 173-182.
in 2004, where he has advised global corporations including ADT, American Express, Amgen, EnerSys, Fortress, Hess, Maytag, Metalmark Capital Partners, Owens Corning, Procter & Gamble, Silver Lake Partners, Smurfit Stone Container, Texas Instruments, Tyco, Whirlpool, and Xerox.
Center dreams of traveling to Florida to see a showy metalmark, although she said she got excited recently to see a comparatively modest roadside skipper near Dorena Lake.
49% of the company is publicly-owned, while the Jones family, management and an investor group that includes Metalmark Capital own the remaining 51%.
Biology of immature Eurybia elvina (Lepidoptera: Riodinidae), a myrmecophilous metalmark butterfly.
"Is this just an exercise in futility?" O'Brien asks at one point in Jon Mooallem's engrossing new book, Wild Ones, as he discusses the huge lengths to which people have gone to protect the endangered Lange's metalmark butterfly.
Abstract--The last instar larva and pupa of the metalmark butterfly Dachetola azora (Godart) (Lepidoptera: Riodinidae) are described and illustrated for the first time.
for approximately USD250m in cash from Metalmark Capital.