References in classic literature ?
The wood was pretty open, and keeping along the lower spurs, I had soon turned the corner of that hill, and not long after waded to the mid-calf across the watercourse.
On another occasion, she was auditioning for a national theatre tour and wearing a mid-calf length skirt.
The noble class had certain dress codes, for example they wore short kits, and necklaces, while in the middle ages they upgraded to mid-calf kilts with large aprons and necklaces.
Slumdog Millionaire star Frida Pinto, 35, also went down the ladylike route, but her sleeveless mid-calf dress, also Dolce & Gabbana - worn with matching heels and red lipstick - was perfect for evening.
She had huge VMs in her left leg; they extended from her (left) buttock to the mid-calf region and had been present since birth (Figure 1A), diagnosed by MRI.
For daytime - long sleeves, high necklines, mid-calf hems, comfy shoes.
The Tod's Sella, a classic top handle, sports quilted patterns, and so do the Double T moccasins and knee-high riding boots and lace-up mid-calf hikers.
And she was dressed very modestly, in a black and navy top that was closed up to her neck, long sleeves and a navy-blue skirt that hit mid-calf.
For a touch of femininity, Michael also added longer fit-and-flare mid-calf length skirts and cropped high-waisted trousers.
It's true that I did dip my feet - just my feet - into the point where I believed the waters of the Indian Ocean, the Bay of Bengal and the Arabian Sea mingle at Kanyakumari; I paddled up to my ankles in the clear blue-green waters of the Adriatic and the Mediterranean, the foaming South China Sea and the calm Pacific Ocean - but if the incoming waves splashed beyond mid-calf, I was out in a jiffy onto dry sand - even if all around me there were surfers, swimmers and even toddlers learning their first strokes.
The mid-calf hemline is very flattering, and the keyhole adds demure sex appeal.
PICK OF THE CROP NOT quite cropped trousers, but too long to be called shorts, mid-calf culottes are hard to categorise but supremely easy to wear, taking you from laid-back (with trainers and denim jacket) to luxe (add heels and a blazer) with ease.
Dictionary browser ?
- Micrurus fulvius
- micturition reflex
- Mid Glamorgan
- Mid sea
- Midas touch
- Midas's ear
- Mid-Atlantic Ridge
- Mid-Atlantic states
- midcourse guidance
- midcourse phase
- Midden crow
- middle age
- Middle Ages
- Middle America
- Middle American
- middle Atlantic
- Middle Atlantic States
- Middle Bevy
- middle buster
Full browser ?
- Mid-Atlantic Turtle and Tortoise Society, Inc.
- Mid-Atlantic Twin Registry
- Mid-Atlantic Ukulele Invitational
- Mid-Atlantic Uniform League
- Mid-Atlantic Universities Transportation Center
- Mid-Atlantic Venture Association
- Mid-Atlantic Venture Conference
- Mid-Atlantic Venture Funds
- Mid-Atlantic Vintage Trials
- Mid-Atlantic Volleyball
- Mid-Atlantic Weather Station
- Mid-Atlantic Wildfowl Breeders Association
- Mid-Atlantic Wildlife Control
- Mid-Atlantic Women's Hockey League
- Mid-Atlantic Women's Motorcycle Rally
- Mid-Atlantic World History Association
- Mid-Atlantic Xterra Club
- Mid-Atlantic Yacht Racing Association
- Mid-Atlantic Yoga Association
- Mid-Atlantic Youth Services
- Mid-Autumn Festival
- Mid-Autumn Moon Festival
- Mid-Bronx Senior Citizens Council
- Mid-Cabin Open Bow
- Mid-Cambridge Neighborhood Association
- Mid-Canada Identification Zone
- Mid-Canada Line
- Mid-Canada Radar Line
- Mid-Canada Television
- Mid-Cap Fund
- Mid-Cap Funds
- Mid-Cap SPDR
- Mid-cap SPDRs
- mid-cap stock
- Mid-Cap Stocks
- Mid-Cap Value
- Mid-Capitalization Fund
- Mid-Capitalization Funds
- Mid-Capitalization Stock
- Mid-Capitalization Stocks
- Mid-Career Plateau
- Mid-Career Plateaus
- Mid-Central College Conference
- Mid-Central States Orthopaedic Society
- Mid-Century Insurance Company
- Mid-Century modern
- Mid-Cheshire Junior League
- mid-circumflex coronary artery
- Mid-Cities Basketball Association
- Mid-City Neighborhood Organization
- Mid-City Transit Interchanges Project