Also found in: Thesaurus, Wikipedia.
1. The middle of an academic term or a political term of office.
a. An examination given at the middle of a school or college term.
b. midterms A series of such examinations.
a. the middle of a term in a school, university, etc
b. (as modifier): midterm exam.
2. (Government, Politics & Diplomacy) politics
a. the middle of a term of office, esp of a presidential term, when congressional and local elections are held
b. (as modifier): midterm elections.
3. (Gynaecology & Obstetrics)
a. the middle of the gestation period
b. (as modifier): midterm checkup. See term6
1. the halfway point of a term, as a school term or term of office.
2. an examination given halfway through a school term.adj.
3. pertaining to, at, or near the middle of a term.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||midterm - the middle of the gestation period|
|2.||midterm - middle of an academic term or a political term in office|
term - a limited period of time; "a prison term"; "he left school before the end of term"
|3.||midterm - an examination administered in the middle of an academic term|