Also found in: Thesaurus, Legal, Financial, Idioms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. The act or process of grinding, especially grinding grain into flour or meal.
2. The operation of cutting, shaping, finishing, or working products manufactured in a mill.
3. The ridges cut on the edges of coins.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Mechanical Engineering) the act or process of grinding, cutting, pressing, or crushing in a mill
2. the vertical grooves or fluting on the edge of a coin, etc
3. (Agriculture) (in W North America) a method of halting a stampede of cattle by turning the leaders in a wide arc until the herd turns in upon itself in a tightening spiral
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
B. CPD milling machine N → fresadora f
Collins Spanish Dictionary - Complete and Unabridged 8th Edition 2005 © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1971, 1988 © HarperCollins Publishers 1992, 1993, 1996, 1997, 2000, 2003, 2005
Collins Italian Dictionary 1st Edition © HarperCollins Publishers 1995