Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Acronyms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to milt: spleen
1. Fish sperm, including the seminal fluid.
2. The reproductive glands of male fishes when filled with this fluid.
tr.v. milt·ed, milt·ing, milts
To fertilize (fish roe) with milt.
1. (Zoology) the testis of a fish
2. (Zoology) the spermatozoa and seminal fluid produced by a fish
3. (Zoology) rare the spleen of certain animals, esp fowls and pigs
(Zoology) to fertilize (the roe of a female fish) with milt, esp artificially
[Old English milte spleen; in the sense: fish sperm, probably from Middle Dutch milte]
1. the sperm-containing secretion of the testes of fishes.
2. the testes and sperm ducts when filled with this secretion.
3. melt 2.
[before 900; Middle English milte, milt, Old English milte spleen]
Fish sperm, together with the milky liquid that contains them.
Past participle: milted
Another name for the spleen, an organ meat sometimes eaten.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||milt - fish sperm or sperm-filled reproductive gland; having a creamy texture|
seafood - edible fish (broadly including freshwater fish) or shellfish or roe etc
|2.||milt - seminal fluid produced by male fish|
fish - any of various mostly cold-blooded aquatic vertebrates usually having scales and breathing through gills; "the shark is a large fish"; "in the living room there was a tank of colorful fish"