Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Idioms.
Related to mind-bending: mind-numbing
Intensely affecting the mind, especially to the extent of producing hallucinations.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. very difficult to understand; complex
2. altering one's state of consciousness: mind-bending drugs.
3. reaching the limit of credibility: they offered a mind-bending salary.
the process of brainwashing
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
1. overwhelming; astounding: a mind-blowing experience.
2. producing a hallucinogenic effect.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||mind-bending - intensely affecting the mind especially in producing hallucinations|
colloquialism - a colloquial expression; characteristic of spoken or written communication that seeks to imitate informal speech
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.