Also found in: Thesaurus, Financial.
1. The act or process of minting coins.
2. Coins manufactured in a mint.
3. The fee paid to a mint by a government.
4. The impression stamped on a coin.
1. the process of minting
2. money minted
3. a fee paid for minting a coin
4. an official impression stamped on a coin
1. the act or process of minting coins.
2. the coins made by minting.
3. the charge for or cost of coins.
4. the output of a mint.
5. the impression made on a coin.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||mintage - coins collectively |
currency - the metal or paper medium of exchange that is presently used
coin - a flat metal piece (usually a disc) used as money
|2.||mintage - fee paid to a mint by the government for minting a coin|
fee - a fixed charge for a privilege or for professional services
|3.||mintage - act or process of minting coins|