Also found in: Thesaurus, Financial.
1. The act or process of minting coins.
2. Coins manufactured in a mint.
3. The fee paid to a mint by a government.
4. The impression stamped on a coin.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. the process of minting
2. money minted
3. a fee paid for minting a coin
4. an official impression stamped on a coin
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
1. the act or process of minting coins.
2. the coins made by minting.
3. the charge for or cost of coins.
4. the output of a mint.
5. the impression made on a coin.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||mintage - coins collectively |
currency - the metal or paper medium of exchange that is presently used
coin - a flat metal piece (usually a disc) used as money
|2.||mintage - fee paid to a mint by the government for minting a coin|
fee - a fixed charge for a privilege or for professional services
|3.||mintage - act or process of minting coins|
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.