Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Financial, Acronyms, Idioms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to minutes: agenda
1. A unit of time equal to one sixtieth of an hour, or 60 seconds.
2. A unit of angular measurement equal to one sixtieth of a degree, or 60 seconds. Also called arcminute, minute of arc.
3. A measure of the distance one can cover in a minute: lives ten minutes from school.
4. A short interval of time; moment. See Synonyms at moment.
5. A specific point in time: Stop that this minute!
6. A note or summary covering points to be remembered; a memorandum.
7. minutes An official record of the proceedings of a meeting.
tr.v. min·ut·ed, min·ut·ing, min·utes
To record in a memorandum or the minutes of a meeting.
[Middle English, from Old French, from Medieval Latin (pars) minūta (prīma), (first) minute (part), from Latin minūta, feminine of minūtus, small; see minute2.]
mi·nute 2(mī-no͞ot′, -nyo͞ot′, mĭ-)
1. Exceptionally small; tiny. See Synonyms at small.
2. Not worthy of notice; insignificant: a minute problem.
3. Characterized by careful scrutiny and close examination: held a minute inspection of the grounds.
[Middle English, from Latin minūtus, past participle of minuere, to lessen; see mei- in Indo-European roots.]
an official record of the proceedings of a meeting, conference, convention, etc
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||minutes - a written account of what transpired at a meeting|
minute book - a book in which minutes have been written
Congressional Record - a published written account of the speeches and debates and votes of the United States Congress
Hansard - the official published verbatim report of the proceedings of a parliamentary body; originally of the British Parliament; "the Canadian Hansard is published in both English and French"