mobocracy(redirected from mobocracies)
Also found in: Thesaurus.
n. pl. mob·oc·ra·cies
1. Political control by a mob.
2. The mass of common people as the source of political control.
mob′o·crat (mŏb′ə-krăt′) n.
n, pl -cies
1. (Government, Politics & Diplomacy) rule or domination by a mob
2. (Government, Politics & Diplomacy) the mob that rules
ˌmoboˈcratic, ˌmoboˈcratical adj
mob•oc•ra•cy(mɒbˈɒk rə si)
n., pl. -cies.
1. political control by a mob.
2. the mob as a ruling class.
mob′o•crat` (-əˌkræt) n.
mob`o•crat′ic, mob`o•crat′i•cal, adj.
government by the mob; the mob as ruler or dominant force in society. — mobocrat, n. — mobocratic, adj.See also: Crowds
government by the mob; the mob as ruler or dominant force in society. — mobocratic, adj.See also: Government