mock-up(redirected from mock-ups)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia.
mock·upalso mock-up (mŏk′ŭp′)
1. A usually full-sized scale model of a structure, used for demonstration, study, or testing.
2. A layout of printed matter or digital content.
1. (General Engineering) a working full-scale model of a machine, apparatus, etc, for testing, research, etc
2. (Printing, Lithography & Bookbinding) a layout of printed matter
3. (General Engineering) (tr, adverb) to build or make a mock-up of
4. (Printing, Lithography & Bookbinding) (tr, adverb) to build or make a mock-up of
a model, often full-size, for study, testing, or teaching: a mock-up of an experimental aircraft.
A model, built to scale, of a machine, apparatus, or weapon, used in studying the construction of, and in testing a new development, or in teaching personnel how to operate the actual machine, apparatus, or weapon.