Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. Botany Having flowers bearing a single stamen, as in certain orchids.
2. Of, relating to, or characterized by monandry.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Biology) having or preferring only one male sexual partner over a period of time
2. (Botany) (of plants) having flowers with only one stamen
3. (Botany) (of flowers) having only one stamen
[C19: from mono- + -androus]
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014