Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia.
1. The state or practice of having one husband at a time.
2. Zoology A mating pattern in which a female mates with only one male in a single breeding season.
3. Botany The condition of being monandrous.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. the practice or condition of having one husband at a time.
2. (of a female animal) the condition of having one mate at a time.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
the custom of marriage to only one man at a time. — monandrous, adj.See also: Marriage
-Ologies & -Isms. Copyright 2008 The Gale Group, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||monandry - the state of having only one husband at a time|
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.