Also found in: Thesaurus, Legal, Idioms, Wikipedia.
Acquisition of money or other wealth.
1. Engaged or successful in acquiring wealth.
2. Actually or potentially profitable: a moneymaking business proposition.
1. (Banking & Finance) a person who is intent on accumulating money
2. a person or thing that is or might be profitable
ˈmoneyˌmaking adj, n
mon•ey•mak•er(ˈmʌn iˌmeɪ kər)
1. a person who is successful at making large amounts of money.
2. something that yields a large pecuniary profit.
mon′ey•mak`ing, adj., n.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||moneymaker - someone who is successful in accumulating wealth|
capitalist - a person who invests capital in a business (especially a large business)
moneygrubber - someone whose main interest in life is moneymaking
|2.||moneymaker - a project that generates a continuous flow of money|