Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to mongoloid: Down syndrome
1. Of or being a human racial classification traditionally distinguished by physical characteristics such as yellowish-brown skin, straight black hair, dark eyes with epicanthic folds, and prominent cheekbones and including peoples indigenous to central and eastern Asia. No longer in scientific use. See Usage Note at Negroid.
2. Characteristic of or resembling a Mongol.
3. also mongoloid Offensive Of or relating to Down syndrome.
1. A member of the Mongoloid racial classification. No longer in scientific use.
2. also mongoloid Offensive A person with Down syndrome.
(Peoples) denoting, relating to, or belonging to one of the supposed racial groups of mankind, including most of the peoples of Asia, the Inuit, and the North American Indians
(Peoples) a member of this group
Usage: See at Australoid
(Pathology) relating to or characterized by Down's syndrome
(Pathology) a person affected by Down's syndrome
Mon•gol•oid(ˈmɒŋ gəˌlɔɪd, ˈmɒn-)
1. of, designating, or characteristic of one of the traditional racial divisions of humankind, marked by yellowish complexion, prominent cheekbones, epicanthic folds, and straight black hair and including the Mongols, Chinese, Japanese, Siamese, Eskimos, and, in some classifications, the American Indians.
2. (often l.c.) (no longer in technical use) of, affected with, or characteristic of Down syndrome.n.
3. a member of the Mongoloid race.
4. (usu. l.c.) (no longer in technical use) a person affected with Down syndrome.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||Mongoloid - a member of the Mongoloid race|
|2.||mongoloid - a person suffering from Down syndrome (no longer used technically in this sense)|
|Adj.||1.||mongoloid - characteristic of or resembling a Mongol; "the mongoloid epicanthic fold"|
|2.||Mongoloid - of or pertaining to or characteristic of one of the traditional racial division of humankind including especially peoples of central and eastern Asia|
anthropology - the social science that studies the origins and social relationships of human beings
|3.||mongoloid - of or relating to or suffering from Down syndrome;|