Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to monogenic: monogenic disease
1. Of or regulated by one gene or one of a pair of allelic genes.
a. Of or relating to monogenesis; monogenetic.
b. Of or relating to monogenism.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Genetics) genetics of or relating to an inherited character difference that is controlled by a single gene
2. (Biology) (of animals) producing offspring of one sex
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
mon•o•gen•ic(ˌmɒn əˈdʒɛn ɪk)
1. bearing only male or only female forms.
2. pertaining to or being controlled by a single gene.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||monogenic - of or relating to an inheritable character that is controlled by a single pair of genes|
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.