monogenetic(redirected from monoxenous)
Also found in: Medical.
Related to monoxenous: heteroxenous
1. Relating to or exhibiting monogenesis.
2. Having a single host through the course of the life cycle.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Biology) of, relating to, or showing monogenesis
2. (Biology) of or relating to parasitic animals, such as some flukes, that complete their life cycle on only one host
3. (Geological Science) (of rocks and rock formations) formed from one source or by one process
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
monogenetic[mɒnəʊdʒɪˈnetɪk] ADJ → monogenético
Collins Spanish Dictionary - Complete and Unabridged 8th Edition 2005 © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1971, 1988 © HarperCollins Publishers 1992, 1993, 1996, 1997, 2000, 2003, 2005