Also found in: Thesaurus, Acronyms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. The driver of an electrically powered streetcar, locomotive, or subway train.
2. One who is responsible for maintaining engines, pumps, and other machinery in an oil drilling operation.
n, pl -men
1. (Railways) the driver of an electric train
2. (Mechanical Engineering) the operator of a motor
mo•tor•man(ˈmoʊ tər mən)
n., pl. -men.
1. a person who drives an electrically operated vehicle, as a streetcar or subway train.
2. a person who operates a motor.
usage: See -man.