Also found in: Thesaurus, Idioms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
mov·a·blealso move·a·ble (mo͞o′və-bəl)
1. Possible to move: a movable stove; a movable rock.
2. Varying in date from year to year: a movable holiday.
3. Law Of or relating to personal property (that is, property that can be moved).
1. Something, especially a piece of furniture, that can be moved.
2. movables Law Personal property.
mov′a·bil′i·ty, mov′a·ble·ness n.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.