Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Financial, Acronyms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
pl.n. (used with a sing. verb)
The combined use of media, such as movies, music, lighting, and the internet, as for education, entertainment, or advertising.
1. Of or relating to the combined use of several media: a multimedia installation at the art gallery.
2. Computers Of or relating to an application that integrates different media, such as text, graphics, video, and sound.
(Communications & Information) the combined use of media such as television, slides, etc, esp in education
1. (Communications & Information) of or relating to the use of a combination of media: multimedia teaching aids.
2. (Computer Science) computing of or relating to any of various systems which can manipulate data in a variety of forms, such as sound, graphics, or text
mul•ti•me•di•a(ˌmʌl tiˈmi di ə, ˌmʌl taɪ-)
n. (used with a sing. v.)
1. the combined use of several media, as sound and video in a computer application.adj.
2. of or involving the use of several media simultaneously.
3. having or offering the use of various communications or promotional media.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||multimedia - transmission that combine media of communication (text and graphics and sound etc.)|
transmission - communication by means of transmitted signals