multiplied(redirected from multipliedly)
Also found in: Thesaurus.
v. mul·ti·plied, mul·ti·ply·ing, mul·ti·plies
1. To increase the amount, number, or degree of. See Synonyms at increase.
2. Mathematics To perform multiplication on.
1. To grow in amount, number, or degree: Shops multiplied along the main street.
2. To increase in number by reproducing: "The people increased both in the dales and the plains, and their horses multiplied" (J.R.R. Tolkien).
3. Mathematics To perform multiplication.
[Middle English multiplien, from Old French multiplier, from Latin multiplicāre, from multiplex, multiplex; see multiplex.]
In many or multiple ways.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.