Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. Functioning in more than one stage: a multistage design project.
2. Relating to or composed of two or more propulsion units.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Astronautics) (of a rocket or missile) having several stages, each of which can be jettisoned after it has burnt out
2. (Aeronautics) (of a turbine, compressor, or supercharger) having more than one rotor
3. (of any process or device) having more than one stage
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
(of a rocket or guided missile) having more than one stage.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||multistage - occurring in more than one stage|
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.