Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Financial, Encyclopedia.
1. a person or thing that floats.
2. a person who is continually changing his or her place of abode, employment, etc.; drifter.
3. an employee without a fixed job assignment.
4. a person who fraudulently votes, usu. for pay, in different places in the same election.
5. a territorial animal that has been forced into marginal habitats.
6. a speck or string that appears to be drifting across the eye just outside the line of vision.
7. an insurance policy that covers movable personal property.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||musca volitans - spots before the eyes caused by opaque cell fragments in the vitreous humor and lens; "floaters seem to drift through the field of vision"|
symptom - (medicine) any sensation or change in bodily function that is experienced by a patient and is associated with a particular disease
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.