Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. The technique of using small arms.
2. Muskets considered as a group.
3. Musketeers considered as a group.
1. (Firearms, Gunnery, Ordnance & Artillery) muskets or musketeers collectively
2. (Firearms, Gunnery, Ordnance & Artillery) the technique of using small arms
mus•ket•ry(ˈmʌs kɪ tri)
1. the technique of bringing small arms fire to bear on specific targets.
2. muskets collectively.
3. musketeers collectively.
the art or skill of using muskets.See also: Weaponry
Musketrymuskets collectively, 1646.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||musketry - musketeers and their muskets collectively|
army unit - a military unit that is part of an army
armed forces, armed services, military, military machine, war machine - the military forces of a nation; "their military is the largest in the region"; "the military machine is the same one we faced in 1991 but now it is weaker"
musketeer - a foot soldier armed with a musket
|2.||musketry - the technique of using small arms (especially in battle)|