Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Wikipedia.
Related to nauseating: nauseatingly
nau·se·at·ing(nô′zē-ā′tĭng, -zhē-, -sē-, -shē-)
1. Causing nausea; nauseous.
2. Causing disgust, loathing, or revulsion. See Usage Note at nauseous.
nau•se•at•ing(ˈnɔ ziˌeɪ tɪŋ, -ʒi-, -si-, -ʃi-)
1. causing nausea; nauseous.
2. such as to cause disgust, loathing, etc.
usage: See nauseous.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||nauseating - causing or able to cause nausea; "a nauseating smell"; "nauseous offal"; "a sickening stench"|
unwholesome - detrimental to physical or moral well-being; "unwholesome food"; "unwholesome habits like smoking"
1. disgusting, offensive, appalling, nasty, foul, revolting, sickening, ghastly, vile, obnoxious, repulsive, odious, repugnant, loathsome, abhorrent, abominable, stomach-churning, stomach-turning, repellant, sick-making The judge described the offences as nauseating and unspeakable.
nauseating[ˈnɔːzɪˌeɪtɪŋ] adj → nauseante (fig) → disgustoso/a