Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Idioms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to necking: petting
1. Architecture A molding between the upper part of a column and the projecting part of the capital.
2. Informal The act of kissing and caressing.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. informal the activity of kissing and embracing passionately
2. (Architecture) architect Also called: gorgerin one or more mouldings at the top of a column between the shaft and the capital
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
1. the act of embracing, kissing, and caressing amorously; petting.
2. a molding or group of moldings between the projecting part of a capital of a column and the shaft.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||necking - the molding at the top of a column|
|2.||necking - affectionate play (or foreplay without contact with the genital organs)|
snogging - (British informal) cuddle and kiss
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.
necking[ˈnekɪŋ] N → besuqueo m
Collins Spanish Dictionary - Complete and Unabridged 8th Edition 2005 © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1971, 1988 © HarperCollins Publishers 1992, 1993, 1996, 1997, 2000, 2003, 2005
necking[ˈnɛkɪŋ] n (fam) → pomiciate fpl
Collins Italian Dictionary 1st Edition © HarperCollins Publishers 1995