Also found in: Thesaurus, Wikipedia.
Related to nerveless: nevertheless
1. Lacking strength or energy; spiritless; weak.
2. Lacking courage; cowardly.
3. Calm and controlled in trying circumstances; cool.
1. calm and collected
2. listless or feeble
1. without nervousness; calm.
2. lacking strength or vigor; weak.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||nerveless - marked by calm self-control (especially in trying circumstances); unemotional; "play it cool"; "keep cool"; "stayed coolheaded in the crisis"; "the most nerveless winner in the history of the tournament"|
composed - serenely self-possessed and free from agitation especially in times of stress; "the performer seemed completely composed as she stepped onto the stage"; "I felt calm and more composed than I had in a long time"
|2.||nerveless - lacking strength; "a weak, nerveless fool, devoid of energy and promptitude"- Nathaniel Hawthorne|
powerless - lacking power
1. fearless, cool, collected, calm, brave, daring, composed, courageous, controlled, gutsy (slang), plucky, impassive, unafraid, unemotional, self-possessed, imperturbable He's a nerveless player - that's how he won the Open.